Pick the right shade and tone for your natural coloring
When choosing a shade, you'll look best in one that complements your skin and coloring.
- If you have fair skin and blue, green or gray eyes: consider choosing shades with cool or neutral tones.
- If you have golden, olive or dark skin and dark eyes: consider choosing shades with warm or neutral tones. Warm haircolor shades also are great if you want to brighten hair that has a tendency to look mousy.
Tone refers to the warmth or coolness of a color shade.
- Cool: Add cool tones while minimizing red, gold, or brassiness.
- Neutral: Balance cool and warm tones; keeps hair closest to your current tone.
- Warm gold, caramel and bronze: These colors add golden highlights and tones.
- Warm red and warm brown: These colors add red highlights and tones.
Please note: Natural Instincts does not dramatically lighten your hair. For best results, stay within two shades of your natural hair color. Because computer displays vary, color swatches shown on your monitor may not be an accurate reflection of the true shade.
Want advice on which color to choose? Use our guide to find your shade.
Prefer the human touch? Call a Clairol Expert Color Consultant at 1-800-CLAIROL
(1-800-252-4765) Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. EST and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST.